1. The impact of photovoltaic ribbon on the module
PV ribbon is an important component of every mainstream solar panel. It is used to interconnect solar cells and provide connections to junction boxes. PV ribbon is tinned copper tape, 1-6mm wide, 0.08-0.5mm thick, with a 10-30um thick flux coating.
PV ribbons are used on PV modules in two forms: interconnection ribbons or sinks and PV busbars.
Both are required in a typical silicon solar cell. Interconnecting ribbons are soldered true to the silicon crystal to connect the solar cells in the solar panel to each other. The interconnection ribbon carries the current generated by the solar cells to a PV bus, which is a hot-dipped, tinned copper conductor mounted around the perimeter of the solar panel, and connects the interconnection ribbon to a junction box. Thin film solar panels generally only require a busbar.
The photovoltaic ribbon is a key component in solar panels. It is an important factor in improving the efficiency and durability of solar panels. The high efficiency and durability of solar panels can only be achieved by using high-quality PV ribbon that is properly installed in the solar panel. The quality of the PV ribbon and its welding to the solar cell is an important factor in ensuring the efficiency and durability of the solar panel.
A. The current market is divided into silver-containing and silver-free solder tapes.
Among them, silver-containing solder tape has its own advantages in addition to the expensive price:
1) Increase the metallurgical bond between the solder and the metal to be soldered. The mechanical strength and electrical conductivity will be better after soldering.
2) After adding silver, the melting point of the ternary alloy is lower than that of the binary alloy, and its solderability and fluidity are improved.
3) The resistivity will be reduced and the resistance to high temperatures will be improved.
B. The resistance of the PV ribbon is mainly determined by the size of the tape itself and the material of the copper substrate.
The composition of the surface tin layer does not significantly affect the resistance of the tape.
Increasing the width or thickness of the PV ribbon can reduce the resistance of ribbon. This improvement works equally well for both traditional soldering methods and newer low-temperature connections such as conductive silver glue or conductive tape connections. However, a PV ribbon wider than the width of the front electrode can block the incident light and cause current loss. We recommend the use of thicker solder tapes without affecting the fragmentation rate.
C. The part of the solar cell covered by the PV ribbon cannot absorb sunlight.
Some companies have introduced light reflecting ribbon. It is silver-plated on the front side and has a longitudinal groove structure embossed into them. This structure reflects the light incident on the ribbon at an angle to the inner surface of the module’s glass layer and projects it back onto the cell surface after total reflection at the glass-air interface. The captured light allows the module to generate additional increased power. It can theoretically increase the module efficiency by about 2%.
2. Common specifications of photovoltaic ribbon
The following are some of the common specifications that Raytron offers to its customers. They are popular in the current market.
In addition, the mainstream cell size in the market now has 166, 182, 210, and other specifications. And the size of the photovoltaic ribbon also has a certain relationship with the cell size of the module.
|M2~M12 Cell Module||Silicon Wafer Edge Length||Number of Cells||Commonly Used PV Ribbons Sizes|
|M10||182||50||0.3*4 / 0.3*7|
|M12/G12||210 50||0.35*4 / 0.35*8|
- 0.9*0.22 mm PV Tabbing Ribbon for Solar PV Modules
- 0.6*0.18 mm PV Tabbing Ribbon for Solar Panel
- 1.1*0.18 mm PV Tabbing Ribbon for Solar Modules
- 5*0.35 mm PV Busbar for Solar PV Modules
- 3*0.35 mm PV Busbar for Solar Modules
- 3.5*0.35 mm PV Busbar for Solar Panel
- 1*0.18 mm PV Tabbing Ribbon for Photovoltaic Modules
- 4*0.35 mm PV Busbar for Photovoltaic Modules